Error in Recording

Do You have problems of installation or using capture card? Tell also specs of Your comp, model of the capture card, capturing software, editing software and operating system.
Forum rules
* Login if You want to see all links
* Only english language is allowed
* All text must associated with video capturing or video editing or EasycapExpertti online store
* SPAMMING IS FORBIDDEN
* Password must be changed after 2 days, because we want to stop automated spamming

Error in Recording

Postby Estam on 2013-02-19, 07:33:37 pm

VHS to EasyCAP DC60 2.0 USB to computer HP5100 Compaq Win XP Pro SP3. Installed drivers from enclosed disk, connected EasyCap and shows video from VHS player on Easy Cap program.
Clicking on Record button gives message <<"Honestech TV" Error in Recording>>. After checking everything and adjusting setting etc gave up. Couple days later decided to reinstall the software and ended up working fine. Next day I am back to this error message. Any suggestion please.
Estam

Re: Error in Recording

Postby Estam on 2013-02-21, 07:29:43 pm

I'm sorry, I thought someone would have had this message before.
I'll try to find answer somewhere else.
Thanks...
Estam

Postby EasycapExpertti on 2013-02-23, 06:22:04 pm

Estam wrote:VHS to EasyCAP DC60 2.0 USB to computer HP5100 Compaq Win XP Pro SP3. Installed drivers from enclosed disk, connected EasyCap and shows video from VHS player on Easy Cap program.
Clicking on Record button gives message <<"Honestech TV" Error in Recording>>. After checking everything and adjusting setting etc gave up. Couple days later decided to reinstall the software and ended up working fine. Next day I am back to this error message. Any suggestion please.

First I need to know if Your EasyCap DC60 is a genuine EasyCap with Syntek chipset or is it fake EasyCap with SMI or UTV007 chipset which are nowadays more common than Syntek chipset. Tell to me the name of the video driver and check also the version and date of it from the Device Manager's Sound, video and game controllers - I can check if I have newer drivers for it. I think Your device is a fake product, because with a genuine EasyCap DC60 comes always Ulead VideoStudio 10 and not Honestech software. You can also open the shell and look at the texts of the chips on the chipset - here in my download page is some help how to open the shell without any damages:
http://easycapexpertti.mybisi.com/pages/drivers
EasycapExpertti

Postby Estam on 2013-02-23, 11:05:49 pm

Thank you for you response. You mention in your web page that the rca sockets are gold and mine are silver. The version of the cd software is 3.5C. I am suspecting this is a fake and I'm not quite sure what to do now. Opening it up shows no sign of what chipset it is, nothing written on the chip and doesn't look anything like the one in your pictures. Help :)
Estam

Postby EasycapExpertti on 2013-02-24, 11:59:44 am

Estam wrote:Thank you for you response. You mention in your web page that the rca sockets are gold and mine are silver. The version of the cd software is 3.5C. I am suspecting this is a fake and I'm not quite sure what to do now. Opening it up shows no sign of what chipset it is, nothing written on the chip and doesn't look anything like the one in your pictures. Help :)

I bet it is the newest fake EasyCap DC60 with a UTV007 chipset and there is not any newer drivers on the market which You have on Your installation disc.

I have tested it with my 64bit Win7 and the conclusion was that with the composite cable it was ok, but there was some color mistakes and some weird ghost lines with the s-video. I copied the drivers of the installation disk to my download page (package 1F), but there wasn't any installation software inside that Drivers folder as like it is always on the genuine installation disk of EasyCap DC60 - so You can try to install those files only via Device Manager, if Your driver is a different version and older than this one which I used:
1F. UTV007 OEM Capture 2.1.1.2 06/08/2011 32bit and 64bit WinXP, Vista and Win7 http://adf.ly/1310198/utv007-drivers

Fake products can be good, but mostly they are crappy, because they are using the cheapest possible components and material. These fake factories doesn't have any professional quality controls and the license key of the software is probably an illegal copy.
EasycapExpertti

Return to Technical Problems of video/audio capturing